2018-2019 School Year
This document should be read and retained along with other school information. The provisions contained herein are an essential part of each parent’s contract with St. Bernard’s. All students (new and returning) registering in a Central Catholic school must have met their tuition obligation for the 2017-2018 school year from any Diocesan Catholic School. Students may not attend classes the first day of school and subsequent days until all outstanding balances have been resolved.
Tuition Rate: The total cost to attend St. Bernard’s High School for the 2018 – 2019 school year is $12,880.00.
International Registration Fee: International students will be assessed a $3,500 non refundable registration fee.
FACTS: All students registering in a Central Catholic School are required to complete and set up a tuition payment plan agreement with FACTS Management Company. Tuition payment plans through FACTS are automatic bank payments from your checking or savings account. FACTS offers Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express for tuition payments. There is a convenience fee charged by the credit card companies if you choose that method of payment. This additional fee will be added to your total tuition payment agreement.
Once you have signed up for your FACTS Management tuition payment agreement, the Admissions Office will enter the tuition rate, $3,500.00 International Student fee and finalize your agreement. Once your agreement has been finalized, you will receive a confirmation notice from FACTS Management regarding your tuition balance, your tuition payment schedule, payment date, and payment amount according to the plan you have chosen. Please keep in mind that any applicable scholarships or financial aid credits will be applied after your FACTS tuition payment plan agreement has been finalized and will not be reflected in your confirmation letter. Should you receive scholarships or financial aid, your FACTS tuition payment agreement will be credited and your payments adjusted accordingly to the payment plan you have chosen.
PLEASE NOTE: Within ten (10) calendar days from the date of your confirmation letter, the $3,500 International registration fee will be deducted from the account you provided to FACTS. If the transaction fails, your tuition payment plan agreement with FACTS is automatically terminated, and the student will not be registered. If your agreement is terminated, you will be notified by FACTS and the non-refundable registration fee will increase to $3,750.00 to complete and submit a new FACTS tuition payment agreement to register the student.
All FACTS tuition payment agreements conclude April 20, 2019 for the 2018-2019 school year. All FACTS tuition payment agreements with outstanding balances as of April 21, 2019 will be automatically terminated and the outstanding tuition balance will be due the school in the form of a money order or cashier’s check due no later than April 23, 2019. Students with outstanding balances as of April 23, 2019 may not attend classes, will not be allowed to take final exams, participate in school activities, sports or functions until this issue has been resolved.
The above payment dates will automatically be adjusted if you register your child after June 1, 2018. All tuition payment plans will end April 20, 2019 as contracted with the final tuition payment withdrawal by FACTS on this date. Any student’s tuition account in arrears after this date will not be eligible to receive awards from any Diocesan financial aid or scholarships through the school in the 2019-2020 school year.
In no event will a student be allowed to attend classes until they are successfully registered, by completion and payment of the registration/processing fee, and have a tuition payment plan agreement with FACTS Management that has been set up, is active, and is current.
The Catholic Schools Office reserves the right to request payment by money order or certified check when payment is being made on a delinquent, unresolved or inactive tuition account.
- Payment must be made using one of the tuition payment options offered by FACTS
- Any payments made to FACTS Management by check, online or telephone must be made at least three (3) to five (5) business days prior to the FACTS payment date in order for correct processing to take
- FACTS, Central Catholic Schools, and/or The Office of Student Accounts are not obligated nor required to defer any FACTS tuition payments scheduled per your If you have chosen the option to receive email correspondence from FACTS for tuition payment reminders, this did not mean you chose this option to remind you to defer your scheduled tuition payments.
- Any request for changes to your FACTS tuition payment agreement once it has been finalized must be made through the Office of Student Accounts within a three (3) to five (5) business day notice of the scheduled date of withdrawal. The Office of Student Accounts, FACTS and/or Central Catholic Schools. reseives the right and is not required to honor any request made by you regarding payment deferments.
- After two (2) payment deferment requests have been made to your FACTS tuition payment agreement by either the Responsible or Authorized Party, there will be a $50.00 DefermenUProcessing fee imposed. This fee will be added to your tuition balance and added on the specific scheduled payment and will be processed accordingly at that time. The Office of Student Accounts, FACTS Management, and/or Central Catholic Schools, reserves the right and is not required to honor any request made regarding payment deferment.
- The Catholic Schools Office reserves the right to request payment by money order or certified check when payment is being made on a delinquent, unresolved, or inactive tuition account.
- Failure to make payments when due may result in the denial of a student’s admittance to classes and exams and students will not be allowed to participate in school activities, sports or Tuition accounts for all students must be current at the end of each academic quarter.
- A $50.00 charge will be imposed for any check that is not honored by the bank/credit union on which it is drawn. This is in addition to any charges that are imposed by your bank/credit union and a $30.00 missed payment fee by FACTS Management Company. For unresolved, inactive, or delinquent tuition balances, or after a personal check has not been honored by a bank/credit union, only a money order or a certified check will be accepted for payment. Returned checks are not re-deposited.
- Personal checks will not be accepted after April 21, 2019 as a form of payment for the 2018-2019 school year.
- Students who register after the beginning of the school year will be charged tuition according to the number of months attended. Any part of a month will be counted as a full month of attendance when determining the amount of tuition to be charged.
Delinquent Tuition Policies
Tuition accounts must be current and active at all times. Failure to make payments when due may result in the student not being admitted to classes, mid-term or final exams, and/or participation in extra curricular activities including school activities, sports or functions. The Catholic School Office reserves the right to request payment by money order or certified check when payment is being made on a delinquent, unresolved, or inactive tuition account. Failure to make payments when due may result in the denial of a student’s admittance to classes and exams. Tuition accounts for all students must be current at the end of each academic quarter.
Withdrawal/Transfer and Refund Policy
- The Office of Student Accounts must be notified in writing by the school of the student’s withdrawal/transfer. This written notification from your child’s school, must be received at the Office of Student Accounts three (3) to five (5) business days prior to the scheduled date of your FACTS tuition payment plan agreement for withdrawal of funds from your account in order to stop
- Refunds, if applicable, will be issued one (1) month after the date of withdrawal/transfer (as stated on the withdrawaVtransfer notice from the school).
- Registration fee of $3,500 is non-refundable.
- Students who withdraw/transfer between June 30, 2018 and August 28, 2018 will be charged one month of the total school year’s tuition (based on ten (10) months.) For example: if the total tuition for the school year is $8,500; the charge will be $850.
- Students who withdraw/transfer between August 29, 2018 and October 31, 2018 will be charged one quarter of the total school year’s tuition (based on four (4) quarters). For example: if the total tuition for the school year is $8,500; the charge will be $2,125.
- Payment quarters end on the last day of October 2018, January 2019, March 2019, and the last day of school, June Any part of a quarter that a student is in attendance will be counted as a full quarter of attendance when determining the amount of tuition to be charged.